Setting up a savings account for a child is a great way to set them up for success!
- For children ages 0-16
- Open with as little as $5.00
- Earn dividends monthly, no minimum balance to earn
- Funds can be transferred from a parentâ€™s or guardian's account to help them save
- Visit a branch and open your child's account today!
We also have some great resources available that address the different needs of children of all ages!
- iCount - if your child is in middle school, this site will give you some great money tips!
- Are You Ready? - a great resource if your child isÂ in high school and working at their first job!
- Credit Unions Rock - perfect if you have a young adult getting ready to embark on goals like secondary education or embarking on a career!
If you are interested in learning about the difference between a credit union and a bank, visit makeyourmoneymatter.org today for a great interactive experience!
Go to main navigation
A Youth Certificate of Deposit (CD)Â is a great way to start saving for your child's future.
- Open with as little as $250
- Earn dividends monthly
- Competitive rates
- No annual fees
- Flexible terms from 12Â - 36Â months
Effective Date: Tuesday June 6, 2023
|Name||APY*||Minimum Opening Balance|
|12 Month Youth CD**||1.75%||$250|
|24 Month Youth CD**||1.75%||$250|
|36 Month Youth CD**||2.00%||$250|
|*APY = Annual Percentage Yield|
|** Youth CD are available for members 17 years and under. These CDs cannot have a term that matures after the 18th birthday of the youth. Certificate must be opened under youth's name and SSN. The CD must have the same joint member as the savings account it is tied to.|