MCCU's top priority is protecting our member’s private information. The credit union will never call, email, or text you to ask for your account number, social security number, or PIN.
We have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall/IPS. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access, blocks packets based on data signatures, and alerts us of pending attacks.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contact when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global SSL Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server.
If you feel your MCCU account information has been compromised, please call 800-541-2222 immediately.Go to main navigation